TruePath Technologies Provides Fibertech Networks Real-Time Network Statistics and Monitoring Offering (pdf)
Fibertech Networks is one of the fastest growing metro fiber optic network providers in the Northeast. The company builds diverse route, open-access networks that allow for numerous telecommunications carriers and Internet companies to offer fiber optic services to their customers. Additionally, Fibertech extends its fiber optic networks directly into business locations, allowing them to internally deploy a wide range of advanced telecommunications applications. In the total, the company has built and operates more than 4,000 miles of metro fiber networks across 24 markets in 9 states.
Fibertech was looking for a new and simpler way to provide customers with a real-time, web-based offering allowing for more extensive monitoring and management of their services. Specifically, Fibertech was looking for
- Software that would allow its customers to more effectively deploy, manage, solve, and optimize their network environment
- Flexible, customizable tool compatible with multiple platforms
- Ease of use and implementation
- Reduce overhead to implement monitoring
- J. Drew Mullin, Director of Product Management & Development
TruePath helped Fibertech implement a non-intrusive, expandable monitoring infrastructure using OpenSource monitoring software. TruePath configured and maintains the system while Fibertech drives the optimization and reliability of its business infrastructure.